Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1000 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. Exponent has over 800 consultants, including more than 500 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialisation.
Exponent’s European Chemical Regulation & Food Safety Centre specialises in timely high-quality, creative, and practical solutions to issues that affect our client’s ability to conduct business globally. Our experienced team includes both technical and regulatory consultants dealing with general chemicals, pesticides, bio-pesticides, biocides, cosmetics, consumer products, foods, food ingredients, and nutrition.
We are currently recruiting for a Managing Scientist, who will be a member of the European food group of Exponent International to be based in one of our offices in the UK or Switzerland.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing clients with expert scientific and regulatory advice in the areas of food safety and regulatory affairs.
- Preparing high quality regulatory submission dossiers relating to authorisation of food additives, novel foods, nutrition and health claims and food contact materials.
- Providing verbal and/or written inputs to project teams, contributing to the achievement of best possible decision-making and high quality, science-based outputs
- Management of projects within the remit of the food safety and regulatory affairs team, including effective liaison with clients.
- Undertaking business development activities for our European and International food safety and regulatory consultancy services
Qualifications for this position include:
- B.Sc. degree or equivalent, and post-graduate qualification in chemistry, biochemistry, nutrition, food microbiology, toxicology, food science or a related discipline.
- Expertise in European and/or International food regulation applicable to chemicals in food
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team working focus with ability to work independently
- Sound decision-making ability
Desirable experience for the post:
- Prior consulting experience is highly desirable
- Detailed understanding of the requirements of European food law, particularly in relation to food additives, novel foods, health claims or food contact materials
- Experience of International food regulatory control systems.
- Prior experience in the area of food supplements and foods for specific groups (including infant nutrition, FSMPs etc.).
- Interpretation and analysis of data from scientific studies
- Experience of chemistry / toxicology study placement and monitoring
Exponent International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.