Jessica puts her own spin on two Chinese takeout favorites to save you money and drop the extra calories. Check it out in the video above.
- cup diced bell pepper or jalapeno pepper
- Optional red pepper flake
- – cup sesame seeds + 1 tbsp for topping
- cup veggie broth or water
- liquid aminos or coconut aminos
- 1 lb brown cooked brown rice noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (can use 2 tsp pre-minced)
- 1/4 cup Orange juice and zest
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar (traditionally its made with Rice Wine Vinegar)
- Add chicken with coconut oil and brown on all sides
- Remove chicken. Add garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, water and whisk together picking up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off heat and add the arrowroot slurry and whisk together until thickens
- Add chicken broccoli and stir to coat everything
- Serve warm and top with green onions and sesame seeds
Cost: $2.80 + $3.95 = $6.75 per serving compared to between $15-20 per serving for the same meal to get takeout.
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)[ad_2]