INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN
- 2 lbs chicken tenders (2 lbs X $1.99 = $3.98)
- 1 cup almond flour (can swap in coconut, chickpea, rice) (approx. $3.50/ cup)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast ($1.67)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder ($.10)
- 1 tbsp onion powder ($.10)
- 1 tsp black pepper ($.05)
- ¼ Banana or almond milk ($.91)
Combine flour and seasoning in a bowl, crack eggs and place in a separate bowl. Dip chicken in egg then coat with seasoning mixture. Line on a baking sheet with metal rack – this allows for air circulation that will make a crispy chicken. Bake at 400 F for 35 mins until crispy and golden brown.
INGREDIENTS FOR FRENCH FRIES
- 2 lbs russet potatoes or sweet potatoes (approx. $2.50)
- ¼ cup avocado oil ($1.00 – $.49 per fluid oz)
- 1 tsp turmeric, optional ($.10)
Toss with oil, seasoning, arrange on baking sheet and be careful to not overlap. Bake at 400 F for 35 minutes or until crispy. Dip into mustard which is usually lower, calorie and free from added sugar OR homemade ketchup which you can find at EatYourWaytoWellness.com.
JESSICA DELUISE, MHS, PA-C | WEBSITE | FACEBOOK |
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)